Each Holy Week we are invited to enter into a mysterious and living narrative. By re-telling the story of Jesus’ journey into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, his Last Supper on Holy Thursday, his passion and death on Good Friday, and finally his resurrection on Easter Sunday, we find our own journey of life reflected in this ancient narrative. If we can come to understand the mystery of this story and identify with it, we can be remade in the joy of the Resurrection.
This retreat will be led by Laurence Freeman and will follow a peaceful daily rhythm of prayer, movement, talks, silence, and rest. There will be morning, midday, and evening meditation within a simple liturgy, guided lectio divina (sacred reading), contemplative Eucharist, talks by Laurence Freeman, yoga led by Giovanni Felicioni, and time for solitude in a beautiful natural setting.
This event takes place at Bonnevaux and offers an opportunity to discover the rich cultural and historical French and European heritage of the 12th-century Abbaye de Bonnevaux, as well as to explore the varied and natural beauty of the land which we cultivate as a model of ecological responsibility.
"The Mystery of Easter is Being Remade"
|Arrival||Saturday 1 April 2023, check-in: 14h00 – 17h00|
|Departure||Sunday 9 April 2023, after lunch (15h00)|
All rooms on-campus are already taken. Remaining places for this retreat have accommodation only off-campus at €520. These include all meals and instruction.
Please book and pay for your room directly with the hotel St George or the gite La Cadoue with whom we have a friendly partnership. Our minibus will shuttle you back and forth once a day. Please mention you come on behalf of Abbaye de Bonnevaux :
– The hotel St Georges de Vivonne (https://hotel-st-georges.com) – 10 mn drive from Bonnevaux.
– The gite La Cadoue (https://www.lacadoue.fr/copie-de-bienvenue-chez-nous) – 10 mn walk from Bonnevaux.
If you have booked a retreat that does not include accommodation on site at Bonnevaux, please note that our shuttle service is only available between Bonnevaux and the St Georges Hotel in Vivonne.
The prices reflect the need to achieve self sufficiency. Therefore if you’re able to give a little more we would be very grateful. Please, click here to donate.
If you need a concession please let us know. We do not turn anybody away for lack of resources. Please, click the email address <email@example.com> to contact us.
At Bonnevaux, we aim for healthy, well-rounded, and nutritious meals. Please indicate your meal preference (non-vegetarian, vegetarian) below within the registration process.
* Unfortunately, we cannot cater to specific intolerances and allergies — we do not have the team or facilities for this. Please also be aware that traces of allergens (e.g. nuts) may be found in the food at Bonnevaux.
* We are committed to balancing protein, carbohydrates, fats and fiber from organic meat, plant-based proteins, vegetables, un-processed carbs, grains, legumes and fruit.
* Gluten and Lactose intolerance: we cannot create individually tailored meals. Should the main course at lunch contain your intolerance, you can always choose from the vegetables on offer and rice (plus non-gluten bread). The salad and soup bar in the evening will offer you a variety to balance out and complement what you have eaten for breakfast and lunch.
* Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Please ensure you have travel insurance in place as we cannot refund cancelled travel for any reason.
— If you cancel your Bonnevaux booking up to 30 days before the event starts, you will be refunded the full cost of the event. Cancellations occurring within 30 days of the event start will be offered a voucher for a future event. Bonnevaux reserves the right to cancel events at any point – cancellations occurring within 30 days prior to the event start date will be subject to the voucher refund policy only.
Membership Fee ** – 10€
Membership fee is paid once per year, valid from Jan – Dec.
** by French law you must be a ‘member‘ of the charity (association ABP) Abbaye de Bonnevaux – Centre Pour la Paix in order to participate at an on-the-ground event at Bonnevaux – 86370 Marçay, France.
Membership is non-binding. It simply means that you are invited to attend the annual general meeting if you wish and that you may receive information about our events during the year.
The Abbey of Bonnevaux is the spiritual home of the World Community for Christian Meditation (WCCM) which includes a Conference and Retreat Centre dedicated to peace. The on-the-ground activities of the Abbey are organized under the responsibility of l’Association Abbaye de Bonnevaux – Centre pour le Paix (ABP). The Association, which is governed by the French law of 1st July 1901, is registered in Poitiers under the reference RNA: W863007299.
Address : Bonnevaux, 86370 Marçay, France.
Phone number : 06 33 43 71 71 / 06 61 96 57 74.
José Pype (President of the Association); Giovanni Felicioni (Associate Director and Programme Manager)
Site hosting: Flywheel