The World Community for Christian Meditation is establishing a meditation and conference center in Bonnevaux near Poitiers. This center will open its doors at the end of 2020 and, during its first phase, will provide accommodation for 39 guests and space for 180 participants.
To develop and manage this new structure, the Association Abbaye de Bonnevaux: Center for Peace is seeking to recruit a retreat and conference center manager.
Under the responsibility of the President and the Board of Directors of the Association and in close cooperation with the resident community, the manager will direct, manage and ensure the proper functioning of the center in line with the vision for the project laid out by the Director, Laurence Freeman OSB.
The manager will put forward to the Board of Directors a development plan consistent with the spirit of the Community (WCCM) and the management principles of the Association ABP.
This position offers a great opportunity to contribute to the creation of a new spiritual environment dedicated to silence and contemplation in an exceptional setting and open to the world.
Mission and responsibilities:
- Develop and organize the operation of the Center under the direction of the Bonnevaux Board of Management (consisting of the Board of Directors of the Association and of the Leadership Team of the Abbaye). This will include: managing the program, hiring staff, managing hospitality, reception, kitchen and catering, bookstore, accounting, and ensuring compliance with legal regulations.
- Submit to the Board of Directors a multi-year financial plan as well as an annual budget and financial report.
- Develop and implement the center’s publicity plan
- Recruit and manage the teams working at the center: employees, volunteers and service providers.
- Ensure a high standard of hospitality and physical maintenance of the center as well as comprehensive administrative and accounting management.
- Ensure that sustainable development and ecological principles are respected in all aspects of the center’s operations.
Required skill-set and personal qualities:
- Educated to university degree level, the candidate will have significant experience of business management in the hospitality or conference management sectors, with proven proficiency in organization and staff management.
- The Manager will understand and apply the values of the mission statement of the World Community for Christian Meditation and will balance the offering of a warm welcome to guests with efficient organization.
- As an international center, this position requires proficiency in French and English, as well as cultural flexibility.
- Experience in the management and development of spiritual centers, particularly in France, would be an advantage.
Terms and conditions :
- Permanent contract.
- Full time (35 hours /week)
- Salary according to experience (€35-40K)
For further details and full Job Description, contact Pascale Callec